Wordosle

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
butterburp1

Wordosle

Post by butterburp1 »

Started posting this in the reviews section, but the rules there are very specific and I want to post something more free-form...

I saw DGA.com just added Wordosle, which is my favorite of the DOS versions of Wordle. I notice other versions have a bigger vocabulary in terms of checking your guesses, but the number of possible mystery words seems to be rather small. I'm not a big fan of that because you start getting repeats sooner. Wordle has a smaller word list in general, which may be why it tends to get lower reviews, but the same list is used to check your guesses AND choose the mystery word. So I have found it to have much more replay value.

You can also edit the word list to your liking (I found some of the words to be silly so I replaced them with ones that were missing) and the wide-letter CGA look is pretty good too. Overall, a solid recommendation!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Wordosle

Post by MrFlibble »

Thanks for all the feedback! I've never played Wordle, but I quite enjoyed WorDOSle, as it provides an additional challenge for me as a non-native speaker.

Personally, I would've preferred if a game like this limited the vocabulary to a single part of speech, i.e. nouns, and would not have everything mashed together. I also had this subjective impression that English seems to have a lower number of fairly common five-letter words compared to both four-letter and six-letter ones. Perhaps it was exactly the intention to use five-letter words for an extra challenge?